Spanning classic jazz to world beats, the 2023 Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival will again attract visitors from around the world as the lineup includes international, local and Caribbean music. Genres include Afro beats, jazz, gospel, Soca, reggae, Zouk, pop and an array of cultural beats and exciting rhythms. The iconic and historic Pigeon Island National Park is the waterside backdrop for the open air performances.
“The 2023 Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival promises to be the best yet, as we continue our tradition of hosting the Caribbean's premier jazz and arts event,” said Minister of Tourism, Hon. Dr. Ernest Hilaire. “The Festival will showcase music, the performing arts, fine arts, creole cuisine and the effervescence of Saint Lucia's creative industries.”
As of January 25, 2023, the musical lineup is as follows, with more details to be announced:
- Friday, May 5 - Kick-Off: Caribbean genres with some of the biggest names from the region headlined by reggae superstar Shenseea and Kes the Band
- May 6-9 - Entertainment & Community Jazz: Explore authentic Saint Lucian culture and people through an eclectic mix of local events
- Wednesday, May 10 - Kingdom Gospel Night: A riveting, inspiring showcase of praise and worship with some of the best names in Gospel, to be announced at a later date
- Thursday, May 11 - Pure Jazz: Grammy winner, pianist, and composer Gustavo Casenave and special tribute to Saint Lucia's Luther François, the godfather of Saint Lucia jazz
- Friday, May 12 - Caribbean Fusion: Featuring Buju Banton, Bunji Garlin, Fay Ann Lyons
- Saturday, May 13 - World Beats: Journey the globe with the best of Afro beats with Rema, Ayra Starr, CKay and Kizz Daniel
- Sunday, May 14 - The Ultimate Celebration and Culmination on Mother's Day: The most distinctive and influential musician of the century, 17-time Grammy Award winner Sting will headline the evening with Shaggy
The arts scene in Saint Lucia is also celebrated at the Festival. Beginning May 5, there will be community-based events across the island, emphasizing the jazz and arts scenes throughout key communities.
The Arts component of the Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival will be held under the theme “Art and the City” from May 7-11. The Arts will include visual art, literary art, theater, fashion, an Icon Series, craft and souvenir markets, and a variety of events at the Derek Walcott Square, William Peter Boulevard, Constitution Park, Pointe Seraphine, and Serenity Park. From the visual arts to the theatre, visitors will be immersed in the creativity and vibrancy of Saint Lucia.