bmi regional, Birmingham Airport and the Department for International Trade have joined forces to launch a corporate event aimed at supporting Midlands businesses as they develop internationally. The Midlands Exporters breakfast briefing and networking event will take place from 8.30am on Wednesday 8 February 2017 at Birmingham Airport.
The Department for International Trade will be bringing its Export Hub roadshow truck to Birmingham Airport for the free event, which will focus on how businesses in the Midlands can maximise export opportunities.
During the event, there will be the chance to:
- Hear from bmi regional’s Chief Commercial Officer Jochen Schnadt as the airline prepares to launch its new hub at Birmingham Airport, as well as Ajay Desai, Head of the DIT’s International Trade Team in Coventry and Warwickshire, plus representatives from Birmingham Airport
- Find out how to identify overseas markets for your business and initiate introductions
- Receive one to one advice on developing an export strategy from the DIT’s international trade experts
- Learn more about how to use existing air routes for business, and the potential to influence new routes
- Browse through thousands of export opportunities and country guides on interactive screens
- Network with other key traders in the Midlands region
bmi regional chief commercial officer, Jochen Schnadt, explains, “According to Government figures, 85% of companies say exporting has led to a level of growth not otherwise possible. This comes as no surprise to us at bmi regional; we know how important convenient and reliable connections to these new overseas markets can be and we hope this event will provide guidance for businesses in the Midlands looking to expand abroad. We expect the breakfast to be popular and places are limited, so we’d advise interested businesses to register as soon as possible.”
During the event, there will be the chance for one lucky attendee to win two return flights of their choice to one of bmi regional’s brand new routes from its new hub at Birmingham Airport.