Birmingham Airport has seen another month of record breaking growth this year. Figures for June have revealed the Midlands gateway saw over 1.3 million passengers travel through the terminal – giving 16.4 percent growth when compared to the same month last year.
In total 1,301,962 passengers flew through Birmingham – over 183,000 more than the same month in 2016.
Short haul saw a very significant rate of growth at 17.8% whereas long haul services saw a smaller 2.7% increase.
David Winstanley, Chief Operating Officer at Birmingham Airport, said: “June was our twenty eighth consecutive month of record breaking growth, it’s also the third month this year in which we have seen over a million passengers. These are both fantastic achievements and show how Birmingham Airport’s popularity is rapidly growing.
“We are now fully into the busy summer season and so we expect figures for the next few months to remain very healthy.”
Scheduled traffic accounted for 88 per cent of the total, with charter passengers making up the remaining 12 per cent.