Sandwell’s Big Sleuth bears are making a splash – and if you visit all six of them, you can win a free swim!
Everyone who visits all of Sandwell’s bears in Bearwood and West Bromwich can claim a free swimming session at any Sandwell Leisure Trust swimming centre.
The 10-week project supporting Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity has brought more than 100 bear sculptures to Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Resorts World and Sandwell. A sleuth is the collective noun for a group of bears.
Sandwell Council’s cabinet member for leisure Councillor Richard Marshall said: “The more people who visit The Big Sleuth bears, the more awareness we raise for the fantastic work of Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity, where around 1,000 Sandwell children are treated each month.
“We want people to have great fun meeting all of the bears in Sandwell, Birmingham and beyond so this is a great incentive to come and see our six bears in Sandwell.”
To claim your free swim, simply present your digital voucher which is generated in The Big Sleuth app when you visit the six Sandwell bears. Find the app by searching ‘The Big Sleuth 2017’ in the App Store or Google Play.
Mark Wildman, Business and Commercial Manager for Sandwell Leisure Trust said: “We are delighted to help support this great initiative, simply take your digital voucher to reception at any one of our swimming centres to get your ‘paws’ on your free swim but please ‘bear’ with us as we are often get busy in the summer holidays!”
The offer is in addition to free swimming for all Sandwell children aged 16 and under who swim for free during the school holidays, and Sandwell residents aged 60 who can swim for free any day before 1pm.
The Big Sleuth, which is being run in conjunction with Wild in Art, is on until Sunday 17 September 2017
Sandwell’s bears can be found:
• Lightwoods park near the skate park (BearTrix Blocker, commercial sponsor - Skate Hut)
• Bearwood bus station, Bearwood Road - (Bussy Bear - commercial sponsor - National Express)
• Warley Woods near the fountain and play area (Bentley the Bearwood Bear designed by Positive Activities Innovative Development and Rebecca Cresswell)
• High Street near the Farley Fountain (Bearolution – designed by West Bromwich Youth Council and Creative Arts)
• Outside Central Sixth, Sandwell College (Picnic Time For Teddy Bears - commercial sponsor - West Brom Building Society)
• Sandwell Park Farm (Uncle B – designed by looked after children and Cradley Heath Creative)