An incredible 17 lots are up for grabs in the Mayor of Wolverhampton's biggest ever charity auction, which is underway and continues until 4pm on Friday 13th May. Goodies ranging from an iPad to theatre tickets, cases of wines and spirits and family tickets to some of the region’s most popular tourist attractions will be up for grabs to the highest bidders – with all proceeds going to local good causes.
Mayor Councillor Ian Brookfield has pulled together a wide selection of exciting auction lots, with the funds raised being donated to his chosen charities including local food banks and soup kitchens, the Physiotherapy department at West Park Rehabilitation Hospital, the Kingswood Trust, Bilston Remembered and the Interfaith Network.
- Sporting Experience, including a round of golf for up to four people at Three Hammers Golf Complex, a night at the dogs for up to six people at Monmore Green Greyhound Track and two family swim passes for Wolverhampton Swimming and Fitness Centre.
- Dining Experience, including Cream Tea for two at Halfpenny Green Vineyard, £20 voucher for the Island House fish and chip restaurant and Meal for Two at Cosmo, Bentley Bridge
- Driving Experience - a Mini for 48 hours
- Family Days Out Experience, including a Family Pass to Moseley Old Hall, Family Pass to the Black Country Living Museum, Four tickets to West Midlands Safari and Leisure Park, Day Pass for Wonderland, Telford and Family Pass to Dudley Zoological Gardens.
- Signed print of Queen Square, Wolverhampton, by artist Ed Isaacs
- Entertainment Experience, including two tickets to The Sound of Music at the Grand Theatre and two £10 gift vouchers and two tickets for Les McKeown's Legendary Bay City Rollers at The Robin 2, Bilston
- Mixed case of wine with six bottles of red wine and six of white
- Mixed beauty hamper – selection one
- Mixed beauty hamper – selection two
- Treasures and tresses set
- Signed Wolverhampton Wanderers FC shirt and two seats in the Directors Box
- A group weekend getaway for up to 16 people to Kingswood Orb
- 1/10 Scale 2wd Monster Truck
- Two Banks’s Brewery tour vouchers, a meal for four at Slaters Craft Beer Bar, Queen Square, and two Banks’s T-Shirts
- A trio of spirits including Courvoisier VS Cognac, Highland Park single Malt Whisky and Teachers Blended Scotch Whisky
- Two standard class Virgin Trains rail tickets.
People will be able to place bids and find out about the lots by logging on to www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/mayoral . The auction will run until 4pm on Friday 13 May 2016, and winning bidders will be notified shortly after the auction closes.
Mayor Councillor Brookfield said: "This is our biggest charity auction ever, and there are some tremendous items up for grabs for the highest bidders.
“I'd like to thank all the individuals and organisations who have very kindly donated the lots, and encourage the people of Wolverhampton to get bidding so that we can raise thousands of pounds for some very good causes.”